Child Care Subsidies/Vouchers

Child Care Resource and Referral Agencies (CCR&Rs) receive funding from the Department of Early Education and Care (EEC) to make it possible for families to have access to high-quality information, resources, and referrals to meet their child care needs. CCR&Rs educate families on the cost, quality, and availability of early education and out-of-school-time care, and provide eligible families with access to subsidized Child Care Vouchers. CCR&Rs employ experienced and highly trained staff who are able to provide services to families in multiple languages. Click on the map to find which agency services your town!

Department of Transitional Assistance Vouchers (DTA):

If the parent/guardian is receiving cash assistance from the Department of Transitional Assistance (DTA) they may qualify for free or low-cost child care.  Contact your DTA case worker to see if you meet the criteria.

If eligible, the DTA case worker will issue a Child Care Referral.  The parent then selects a child care provider and makes an appointment to see a Parent Counselor at their local CCR&R.

A voucher appointment cannot be scheduled until the Child Care Referral has been received by the CCR&R and a child care provider has been selected by the parent/guardian.

Find your local DTA office here!

State of MA Income Eligible Vouchers:

The Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care helps eligible low-income families find and pay for child care. Eligibility of low-income status is based on State Medium Income.  View the Income Guidelines here.

All parents/guardians in the household must also meet certain activity requirements.  They must be working, looking for a job (for up to 26 weeks), or be enrolled in school for at least 20 hours per week.  If the parent/guardian or child has a diagnosed and documented special need, the family may qualify. For more information about eligibility, click here!

Once on the waitlist, you will receive a confirmation letter with your Household ID number. In order to stay active on the waitlist, please refer to the EEC Parent Information Sheet. To report any changes to your household, you can contact Mass211 or your local CCR&R. Renewal letters are sent out annually to update the waitlist.  If a parent/guardian does not respond, they will be removed and lose their place on the waitlist.

How to find a daycare or provider

Once you have received a referral from DTA or a Funding Letter from your local CCR&R, you will need to find a provider/daycare that accepts vouchers. Your local CCR&R can provide you with a listing of potential providers that are tailored to your families specific needs (such as location, hours, type of care, etc.) You can also access the online provider database below:

Confirmation of Provider Form should be completed by the provider you have chosen. Once filled out, please contact your CCR&R to schedule an appointment to have the voucher issued.

For More Information: