From The Veterans Benefits Administration
The Veterans Benefits Administration at the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) handles benefits for spouses, children, and parents of service members and veterans who are deceased or disabled by a service-connected disability.
You may be eligible for the following benefits:
- Survivors’ Pension (sometimes called the Death Pension)
- Dependency and Indemnity Compensation
- Parents’ Dependency and Indemnity Compensation
- Dependents’ Educational Assistance Program
- Marine Gunnery Sergeant John David Fry Scholarship (PDF)
- Home loans
If you have questions about VA benefits for dependents and survivors, call 1-800-827-1000 or send them an e-mail.