The 2012 “I Can Grow” Youth Garden Award will be presented to established or start-up school and community gardens that demonstrate well-developed and staffed plans for a youth-centered educational program, with an emphasis on nutrition and food production, environmental awareness, social responsibility and scholastic integration.
Two grand-prize winners will be awarded up to 500 vegetable and herb plants, including:
- The Burpee BOOST high-nutrition collection
- $2,500 in garden supplies
- On-site assistance for garden layout and installation from the experts at Burpee Home Gardens
- 5 gallons of DanielsÂ® Plant Food and one hose-end sprayer
- A Flip Video camera to document the garden’s progress throughout the year.
Three runner-up winners will receive 500 vegetable and herb plants, including the Burpee BOOST collection, 5 gallons of DanielsÂ® Plant Food, one hose-end sprayer and a Flip Video camera.
Who should apply?
- Schools and youth educators
- Community centers or organizations
- Youth groups